Coronavirus Outbreak in India: Biggest one-day jump recorded as 6,148 test Positive!
India’s total COVID-19 cases rose to 1,06,878 as per the data received from COVID19INDIA. This is the biggest spike in the total number of Corona positive cases since the beginning of the outbreak. The Health Ministry of India said that it has taken much longer for the country to report over 100,000 cases if we compare with other countries and the death rate due to the virus has also remained comparatively low.
It took India 64 days to reach 100,000 Covid-19 cases. Slowest among all countries. Separately, the health ministry also mentioned that for every 100,000 population, there are 7.1 coronavirus cases in India so far which is much lower as against 60 globally.
The current situation of Coronavirus in India as on May 20 has been summarized below:
- The death toll in India due to Covid-19 now stands at 3,302.
- The total number of recovered cases in India 42,326.
- Maharashtra remains the worst-affected state with 37,136 confirmed cases, followed by Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Delhi and Rajasthan.
- There are only 10 other countries that have more cases than India. Namely, the USA, Russia, Spain, Brazil, the UK, Italy, France, Germany, Turkey, Iran.
- As per details shared by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the recovery rate in India is now over 39 per cent.
- As the lockdown is getting progressively eased, India can expect huge numbers to be reported CoronaVirus cases in the coming weeks.
- World wide, the number of coronavirus cases touch 4,988,994 while the death toll stands at 324,958.
You may also be interested in Home Remedies for Dandruff – 13 Ways to Get Dandruff free Hair.